Customer protection and Grievance Redressal Policy
1. Customer protection
Spice Digital is being fully transparent in the pricing, terms and conditions of all financial products. The organization discloses all important terms and conditions in clear and simple language (in English and Hindi) comprehensible to the customers while opening/issuing a PPI. These disclosures include:
- All charges and fees associated with the use of the PPI instrument
- The expiry period and the terms and conditions pertaining to expiration of the instrument
- The customer service telephone numbers and website URL
Additionally, Spice Digital in order to promote customer protection shall ensure the following:
(a) Ensure uniformity in charges at agent level
(b) Disclosure of charges for various types of transactions on its website, mobile app, agent locations, etc.
(c) Specific agreements with agents prohibiting them from charging any fee to the customers directly for services rendered by them on behalf of the PPI issuers – This contrary to Agent T&C and need to be corrected in Agent T&C.
(d) Require each retail outlet / sub-agent to post a signage indicating their status as service providers for the PPI issuer and the fees for all services available at the outlet
(e) The amount collected from the customer shall be acknowledged by issuing a receipt (printed or electronic) on behalf of the PPI issuer
Spice Digital employs respectful customer interaction practices and adopts high ethical standards in the treatment of clients. Spice Digital gives clients a way to address their complaints so they can be served more effectively.
1. Spice Digital shall provide the details of their authorized / designated agents (name, agent ID, address, contact details, etc.) through customer care support team. All the information regarding customer care support team (timing, contact detail etc) shall be available on the website / mobile app. Customer support team shall be available all days except government holidays. To be updated as detailed will be provided through customer care on request basis.
2. Spice Digital shall create sufficient awareness and educate customers in the secure use of the PPIs, including the need for keeping passwords confidential, procedure to be followed in case of loss or theft of card or authentication data or if any fraud / abuse is detected, etc.
3. In addition to the charges and fees associated to be disclosed with customer Spice Digital shall clearly outline the amount and process of determining customer liability in case of unauthorised / fraudulent transactions involving PPIs
4. Spice Digital will provide an option for the PPI holders to generate / receive account statements for at least past 6 months. The account statement shall, at the minimum, provide details such as date of transaction, debit / credit amount, net balance and description of transaction. Additionally, the PPI issuers shall provide transaction history for at least 10 transactions
5. Spice Digital will display Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on it’s website / mobile app related to the PPI
2. Customer Grievance Redressal
As a service organization, customer service and customer satisfaction are of prime concern to Spice Digital Ltd. We believe that providing prompt, user friendly and efficient service is the foundation for best user experience.
This policy document aims at minimizing instances of customer complaints and grievances through proper service delivery and review mechanism and to ensure prompt redressal of customer complaints and grievances. The review mechanism envisages identifying shortcomings in product features and service delivery.
2.1 Underlying Principles
Spice Digital Ltd’s policy on grievance redressal is based on following principles,
- Customers are treated fairly at all times
- A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction made to an organization relating to its products, services or the complaint handling process where a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected
- Complaints raised by customers are dealt with courtesy and on time
- Customers are informed of avenues to escalate their complaints/grievances within the organization and their rights to alternative remedy, if they are not fully satisfied with the response from Spice Digital Ltd. to their complaints
- All initiatives and strategies developed by Spice Digital Ltd. are made with the customer as the prime focus
- Prompt and efficient customer service is essential for business growth
- Constantly devising newer and smarter mechanisms to receive and redress customer grievances and details of such mechanism be placed in the domain of public knowledge
- The company promises to rectify any issue faced by a customer effectively and immediately
2.2 Ways to reach us
1. Website: Visit the 'Contact Us' section on our website www.spicemoney.com, fill in the details of your query and submit the form.
2. Email: You can email your queries, concerns, feedbacks and complaints to email@example.com
3. Phone: You can also contact our customer care number 0120-3986786, 0120-5077786 between 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM, on all days.
These mechanisms are dedicated for redressing our customer complaints, providing online resolution wherever possible, and capturing valuable feedback regarding our services.
On receiving customer feedback, our executives would reach out to the customers if need be and ensure that all grievances are addressed within the estimated times to address the complaints.
2.3 Timelines for Grievance Resolution
Suitable timelines have been set for every complaint depending upon the investigations which would be involved in resolving the same. Here are the estimated timelines at various levels of queries/escalations
|Details||Turnaround Time (TAT)|
|First response to a user’s query/ concern||24 hrs|
|Follow-up queries||48 hrs|
|Resolution of escalated cases||7 days|
|Resolution of customer grievances||15 days|
|Concern raised to Nodal officer||15 days|
Spice Digital will try to address customer’s feedbacks, queries and complaints to the best effort basis; however, if the customer wants further recourse, the escalation matrix for the same is outlined below:
Visit the 'Contact Us' section on our website www.spicemoney.com or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also call our customer care number 0120-3986786, 0120-5077786 between 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM, on all days
Write to our Grievance Officer, Ms Shivani Arora ( Shivani Arora mentioned in Sender T&C) at email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to our Nodal Officer at below address.
Spice Digital Limited,
S Global Knowledge Park,
19A & 19B, Sector 125,
Uttar Pradesh, India.
Kind Attention: Mr. Amit Sharma